Individual consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus: The promises of our Lord for souls devoted to His Sacred Heart.



Novena to
the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
O most Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of
every blessing, I adore You, I love You and with a
true sorrow for my sins, I offer You this poor heart
of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and
wholly obedient to Your will. Grant good Jesus
that I may live in You and for You.
Protect me in the midst of danger, comfort me in my afflictions,
give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, Your
blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen.
Petition to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
My Jesus, Lord of my soul, You promised that Your Divine Heart
would be the ocean of mercy for the needy who trust in You. I
firmly believe that You can grant to me what I am asking even if it
would require a miracle to do it. Where should I go knocking but at
the door of your Heart? “Blessed are they who hope in You.”
O Jesus, I confide to Your Heart the following intention…
(silently mention your petetion/intention here) Look at it and do
what Your Heart dictates. Let Your Heart act accordingly.
O Jesus, I count on You. I confide in You. I surrender and
consecrate myself to You. I feel secure in You. “Sacred Heart of
Jesus, I trust in You.”
Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
O amiable Heart of my Saviour, I adore You! O gracious Heart
of my Jesus, I love You! O compassionate Heart I give You my heart,
and am deeply moved by all You have done and suffered for me. Yes,
I give You my whole heart. Attach it eternally to Yourself. Inflame it
with Your love. Inspire it with Your sentiments. Make it know Your
will and practice Your virtue.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, filled with infinite love, broken by
my ingratitude, pierced by my sins, yet loving me still – accept the
consecration that I make to You of all that I am and all that I have.
Take every faculty of my soul and body. Draw me, day by day,
nearer and nearer to your Sacred Heart, and there, as I can bear the
lesson, teach me your blessed ways. Amen.
The promises of our Lord
for souls devoted
to His Sacred Heart.
Conveyed in the year 1672, to a Visitandine religious.
Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque,
(1647-1690).
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their houses.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all in death.
5. I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite
ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place where a picture of My Heart shall be set
up and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened
hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names
written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee in the excess of the mercy of My Heart, that
its all-powerful love will grant to all those who shall receive
Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months
the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My
displeasure, nor without receiving the Sacraments; My Divine
Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.

Receiving Communion frequently

First Fridays: going to Confession and receiving the Eucharist on the first Friday of each month for nine consecutive months. Many parishes will offer public First Friday devotions; if they do, you must perform First Fridays publicly. If it isn’t so offered in your parish, you can do this privately, going to Confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering your prayers for the intention of the Holy Father.

Holy Hour: Eucharistic Adoration for one hour on Thursdays. (“Could you not watch one hour with me?”) Holy Hour can be made alone or as part of a group with formal prayers.

Celebrating of the Feast of the Sacred Heart

http://whitelilyoftrinity.com/sacred_heart_devotion.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3