Come after me: Family is a disciple of Jesus Christ in the world: Presentation Joyful Mystery

I continue to reflect upon the joyful mystery of Presentation of Jesus in the temple by Holy Family. I dwell in the concept of Simon prophecy to Mary about infant Jesus. It is so fitting to reflect the mystery of the prophesied sword, which was to pierce the heart of Mary in accordance with Jesus, during this solemn season of lent. Meditation the presentation mystery in the context of family's mission in this world brings meaning to the sufferings of any family in this world. Families are called to present Jesus to the world in their joy and sufferings. As we meditate the presentation mystery, let us unite our hearts, minds, souls, and prayers with the sufferings of Mother of God and the passion of Christ, during this lent season. Praying in the midst of sufferings is a mighty weapon. Prayer is a channel of presentation of our supplications to the heavenly Father. Prayer is a presentation.






I walk towards the flower show in the conservatory park. I missed the track and I walked long distance, with no trace of flower show around. After a good walk of about five minutes, I asked for direction from a hiker. She was so cool and gave a warm presentation of smile. She stopped running and took time to show me the way. In fact, she was about to run on the same direction, which I realized after I got on to the right path towards the flower show. It was so interesting that she did not say follow me, I am running in that direction, instead she just showed me the direction. I felt so honored and dignified by her action. What a presentation of Christ, I just witnessed in an unknown person, who is total stranger to me. I paused for a moment to  thank God for His presence on the way.


















Now once again, I got back to the reflection on what to give up and with what I shall fill the gap. I was taking list on my mind about the things I can give up. I just passed Starbucks, I had to resist the thought of having a hot cup of coffee for a moment, however, the thought I could not resist, which persisted at the back of my mind to do on the way back.  I had a good cup of hot caramel on the way back. I really did not come up with something to give up or ready to give up at that moment. But I was able to identify few empty places within me, which I could fill. I literally wanted to practice filling the gaps with prayer, as priest instructed the school children in the morning mass. So I began the prayer of Divine Mercy in my mind silently, as I continue to walk towards the flower show.


Now I am on the front shore trail, which run across the Lincoln conservatory park. I am fascinated by the majesty of sky rise buildings, man made testaments of civilization around this mighty lake of Michigan. Cold breeze and became a constant now, no more a new experience. Trees stand still at present bracing the winter, holding the signs of their glorious past on their branches, carrying multiple empty deserted nests, which are their signs of active life of the past, as they wait upon the spring. Very few birds, I spotted on the cold piney branches. Snow slush, ice paths became common way, which is no more threat to walk. It is amazing to notice, how our body, mind, heart could adjust to any harsh environment, when it is subjected to it willingly. Now the flower park comes to my view from far. I an encouraged and walk with enthusiasm towards the park.







There at the entrance of the park, I met two preschool teachers who were taking preschool children to the flower show. They were holding a string which had multiple rings, which children held tight when they walked. As I observe the children walk beside me into the show, I had a privilege to observe them for a moment. Some of them were very obedient to the teachers. Few of them were not. I could see few explorers among those children. They were curious, asking questions and learning. One of them, always left the string and went to touch the plant, signs, and symbols, who's name was constantly on teacher's instructions. Some among them were not at all bothered about what is around them and they were chatting among themselves, with no effect to the garden. The deviant ones were so involved in the garden and in explorations. Among these few children, the responses to the garden varied and their presentation of the responses varied. Similarly, I am encouraged to think that the presentations of families vary depending upon the realization of call in their life. I thank God for the gift of these children and walked on another direction to enjoy the flowers. The flower show was marvelous and majestic, which I considered as the presentation mystery realized by the nature, since everything came through the word of God, who is the Son of God. Everything and all creations contain  His signature within them, which are the resemblance and presentations of word of the Father. In my reflection, I walk among the presentation of nature my heart is lifted in praise and my lips utter Praise the Lord for His creations!

I continue to reflect the presentation mystery as I walk among the beauty of these flowers. I thank God for the conservation works of human families, which is a presentation of one of the missions of families in the world. Conservation of nature is one of the mandated missions given into the hands of human by Heavenly Father in the beginning of the world. Conservation of nature and families are two major presentations of  the discipleship life of families.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3