Fasting Prayer: Daniel's 21 days fasting: chapter 10

Fasting prayer




15While he was speaking thus to me, I fell forward and kept silent.16Then something like a hand touched my lips; I opened my mouth and said to the one standing before me, “My lord, I was seized with pangs at the vision and I was powerless.17How can my lord’s servant speak with you, my lord? For now no strength or even breath is left in me.”18The one who looked like a man touched me again and strengthened me, saying,19“Do not fear, beloved. Peace! Take courage and be strong.” When he spoke to me, I grew strong and said, “Speak, my lord, for you have strengthened me.”20“Do you know,” he asked, “why I have come to you? Soon I must fight the prince of Persia again. When I leave, the prince of Greece will come;21but I shall tell you what is written in the book of truth.* No one supports me against these except Michael,b your prince,
* [10:112:13] This final vision is concerned with history from the time of Cyrus to the death of Antiochus Epiphanes.
* [10:1A great war: or “the service was great,” or “a mighty host.” The Hebrew is ambiguous.
* [10:4The first month: the month Nisan (mid-March to mid-April).
* [10:56] The heavenly person of the vision is probably the angel Gabriel, as in 9:21Chrysolite: or topaz, a yellowish precious stone. Cf. the visions in Ez 1 and 8.
* [10:13The prince of the kingdom of Persia: the angelic guardian of Persia. Where older texts speak of the gods of various countries (Dt 32:8), Daniel speaks of “princes.” Michael: the patron angel of Israel (v. 21).
* [10:21The book of truth: a heavenly book in which future events are already recorded; cf. 7:1012:1.
a. [10:5Ez 10:2.
b. [10:21Rev 12:7.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena: Day 1