God's Presence in Neighbors

God's presence in this world is a promise from God Himself as Jesus Christ assured his appostles that he will be with them to end of the earth. God's presence is intertwined, interclated, and mingled in every thing in the world from nature to the human being and in all creations. St. Fancis of Assisi and St. Antony appreciated God's presence in nature. They preached to the human through words and their life role model and they also preached to the nature including animals when human were sturborn to listen. In bibilical account we can see numerous incidence where God' s presence was eminently and explicitly revealed through nature. In the desert, Moses and the Isrealites were lead by the clouds and even the red sea divided and made path for their escape from Egypt.Prophet Elijah was nourished by the help of a raven in the wilderness. Hungry lion refused to eat Daniel in the den. Likewise nature reveals God's goodness and presence all the time. In the sameway, God's presence can be experience through fellow humans in day today life.We can see and experience God's presence through good hearted fellow humans from the recieving side and we can reflect and resemble God's presence to others when we are at the providing end. Every man in the world has numerous chances to receive and to recemble God's presence through his humility and good will. When a human is moved with compassion towards another human, there is the promise of God's presence. When compassion coupled with action, there is a model of good samaritan.

Once on a cold rainy day, I was on the road with a flat tire. I quickly called for necessary help and I was waiting for help.While I was waiting, I watched the ongoing traffic. There were hundreds of busy cars passing by me with no concern. After few hundreds cars pass by, there was a car stopped just behind my car and a gentle man walked towards me and told me that he is in a hurry to go some where, but he wanted to see that I  have a communication device with me and he was relieved to see the cell phone in my hand. I thanked him and I thanked God for the gift his good heart and good will inspite of his busyness. Next I watched for another 10minutes two young men looked like college students stopped by and asked me if I need any help. I thanked them and assured them that I have a help comming on the way. I thanked God for their good will. World is full of good people who have good heart and good will. God's presence can be felt experienced through them all the time. The people who are willing to lend hand to a troubled fellow man is a good samaritan. The above good people were willing to be good samaritan for me and I thank God for them. Every small step taken to help others is a reflection of heavenly Father's presence in the world. The world is full of His mercy and providence.

I would like to add the prayer of  St. Padre Pio, which I came to read recently and it is very useful prayer that reflects need for God's presence in daily life.

Stay with me, Lord, for it is necessary to have you present so that I do not forget you. You know how easily I abondon you. Stay with me, Lord, because I am weak and I need your strength, that I may not fall so often. Stay with me, Lord, For you are my life, and without you, I am with out meaning and hope. Stay with me, Lord, for you are my light, and without you, I am In darkness. Stay with me, Lord, to show me your will.........."

Copy of this prayer can be obtained from:

http://www.capuchinfriars.org/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena: Day 1