Divine mercy novena: Fifth Day : Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church

Fifth Day
"Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your Own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Thoughts:
Christian Faith and exercises of faith include individual faith and communal faith. Both levels of faith are vital as two sides of the coin. An aspect of Communal faith includes sacramental faith. While all the denominations of the Christ body believes in the good news of Jesus Christ, the word of God, there are many splits in the communal faith and sacramental faith among the churches. Jesus, while praying for His apostles, He prayed for the unity among them. Unification of the churches in faith is an important aspect of strengthening the church. Blessed Pope John Paul II believed in this unification process, which he demonstrated extending hands to all the christian churches as well as other faith brethren.

Communal faith consists of two main aspects such as faith in the word and faith in the sacrament. Faith in the word of God is the first step of faith, where one believes in word of God, which is common for all created things including man. All creation came through the word of God and their mere existence bears the signature and proclaims word of God.If man fails to proclaim the Good news even stone would shout to proclaim the word, as Jesus said this in Jerusalem.

Sacramental faith is very unique and specific to human and it is the mandate given by our lord Jesus Christ himself on Holy Thursday saying, "Do this in remembrance of me". Sacramental part of faith is the action or doing part of the faith. Not just believing, not just acknowledging, not just proclaiming, but to live the life of Jesus Christ is the sacramental part of the faith. In sacramental life, one proclaims by their action and belief to the world,in which they acknowledge the continual presence of God and continual dependency upon God, and constant relationship with God in the life.Sacraments consist of symbols and rituals, which are the outer signs of faith, which humbles the soul and serve as a loud declaration of faith to the world beyond millions of words, which is very important because it is the deliberate action of welcoming God's kingdom and claiming God's kingdom in our lives and in the world.

I will write elaborately on this topic in later postings. But as primary proposition, I place these concepts, underlining the following statement: while faith in the word of God and proclaiming the word of God is an important primary step of faith, believing sacraments and following sacraments are the ways of life where the soul has constant connection with God, which is an important further step in the faith life.Combining both faith exercises in ones life will lead the soul to God, which is a promise of God. These concepts are explained by Jesus Christ by all His kingdom parables.





Soul of Christ Sanctify me,
Body of Christ Save me,
Blood of Christ Inebriate me,
water from the side of Christ, Wash me,
passion of Christ, strengthen me,
O good Jesus, Hear me,
within your wounds, hide me,
never let me be, separated from you,
from the wicked enemy, defend me,
in hour of my death, call me,
and bid me, come to you,
so that with your saints,
I may praise you ever and ever,
Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3