Year of Faith: Infant Jesus

It was 11 pm and the time was moving towards the midnight. Plane took off from Chicago to Memphis. I began to reflect and recollect the blessings of Christmas Season, as I am returning from my holidays. Sparkling creation, stars of space twinkling on sky, spectacular inventions, electrical stars, shines on earth, as the plane travel in between the skies. Spreads of scattered clouds, resemble layers of peace and mercy of God on earth, which shines in colors reflecting lights from heaven and earth, showing its magical wonders a it gently travels. The earth is in slumber in the hands of sleep as heavenly Father's mercy continues to care. My heart and soul went in contemplation resisting, home sickness and long travel fatigue, as I watch the earth and space and their wonders from my window. I thank God for His everlasting love, presence, care, and faithfulness. I reflect on His faithful care when we rise and when we sleep.

As I reflect, I reflect upon the face of Infant Jesus, as I have seen in many nativity scenes from many churches I visited during this holiday. Among all the experiences, this year I am greatly attracted towards the beauty of Infant Jesus with Mary and Joseph at the manger. His out stretched tender arms, agile gentle legs, captivating innocence and smile in his face, captured my heart and the experiences I cherished by this sight would stay with me for ever. I have had an immense joy and a life transforming impact by His beauty at the manger in His simplicity, innocence, and beauty. Never before, I appreciated and admired infant Jesus to this degree, as I have have during this Christmas season, when ever I visited any manger. It blew my mind every time, when I  think that Heavenly Father's Son, the second person of God, the word of God, Jesus Christ, became a child for me and for all creation, leaving His heavenly throne, by His love for me and creation. When I am captured by this thought, I am inspired and moved in veneration and adoration to Infant Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3