Year of Faith: Sight of families: Infant Jesus

Holiday travel brings many experiences for all of us. While travel itself can bring a unique experience, some of the experiences we have during travel may stay with us and make a vivid impression in our memory. I recollect and reflect some of  my travel experiences from my recent travel. During travel, people do many things to keep their mind occupied. Some bury themselves in reading giving themselves into the hands of their favorite topics and author's writings. Some are busy with cell phone and communicating with many people. Many are busy with computers during travel  subjecting themselves to the hands of work, entertainments, chats, and virtual medias. Some try to have fun with cinemas and TV shows in the air. Many listen to music during travel through various devises. Many spend time in tasting different food during travel, while some others spend time in shopping. Some are seem to have drawn within themselves while others are found in chatting with people. There are very few portray care towards others and other people. It is a joy to locate such people and they bring hope to humanity. Some are busy in caring for their own family during travel. Few are interested in knowing the fellow travelers. Among  many activities that could be done during travel, I love to watch people, families, and their activities and thanking God for all of them during travel is my favorite activity.

In my recent travel, unusually, I was fortunate to see many families travelling with young babies, newborn babies, and toddlers. The sight of the families with young babies was a treat for me, as I would love to observe the babies and their innocent and immaculate faces, which reminds me of Infant Jesus. The sight of the families in travel during this Christmas season reminds me of the Holy Family and their travel and makes me to reflect on the love of Heavenly Father for the families. Young parents with their infants travel during Christmas season is a portray of Holy family travel to me in realism in 2012. I observed and appreciated the sacrifices of  young parents towards their babies during travel. I thanked God for His creation of family to care for humanity. A spectacular sight of a modern family drew my attention at the beginning of my travel. A young couple sat little far from me with their baby at the airport. The majesty of this family captured my attention, as I was trying to open my computer to send some last minute emails. The father carried the baby on one shoulder and the laptop bag on the other shoulder. The mother seem to carry the carry bags and a bag with baby's things. They looked happy and busy. As they settled in their waiting chairs, the father handed the baby to the mother and he immersed himself into the computer and to the cell phone. He looked as though he holds a busy computer job. The mother began to feed the baby and the baby made many fusses of cries. At the cry of the baby, every time, the father would rise and carry the baby leaving behind his computer. This happened many times and it looked like he is conditioned to do so. Then came the time for cleaning the baby. The father cleaned the baby as the mother assisted him, wonderful sight of family cooperation and love, I thanked God and prayed for them. Then the mother tried to get the baby to sleep with no luck, then the young father intervened by spreading a cloth on floor and he made the baby to lie on his arms as he lay himself near the baby in his embrace, with success, leaving behind his computer and cell phone. It looked like he knew every magic of caring for that baby. I know not their whereabouts and I did not have chance to speak to them, as I observed them from far. Their presence was lovely, joyful, and bright, as a sample of modern family. Their simple routines and their sight spoke millions of words of their love and dedication for their family and the baby. After few minutes rest, the baby woke up and began to crawl on the floor, and it made an eye contact to me and gave me a return smile to my smile from far, which was a spectacular sight and certainly one of the joyful moments of my journey.

Let us pray for families and protection of newborn and infants. Let us not miss the Infant Jesus smile in babies smiles, when we see them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3