I believe in Holy Catholic Church: Shrines and Prayers


There are many physical merits and gifts of the Mother church on earth, some of them are  attributable to shrines and the prayers elevated from the shrines. Thousands of shrines are dedicated in holy Catholic church where pilgrims gather to pray and their prayers are as constant incense rises above towards the heaven round the clock all around the world. When one part of the world is at rest the opposite part of the world is awake, thus there is constant and eternal prayers on earth. Holy Angels ascend to heaven and descend on earth constantly without cease serving holy Catholic Church every moment. There is eternal adoration in action from earth to the Holy Trinity through presence of the Holy Church on earth.

I love to travel and make pilgrims to shrines and churches. Last break, I visited Most Blessed Sacrament Shrine at Hansville Alabama for second time within this year. First time I visited this shrine in the first week of June. I was attracted spiritually by this shrine with its Serene spirituality and majesty of  Eucharistic adoration.  Ever since I visited for the first time, From June 2nd of this year,  I wanted to write few lines about the shrine. However, the spiritual blessings about this shrine are overwhelming that I do not know where to begin. On this visit in August 2012, I pen few lines on the note of this holy place. I am unworthy to write about this shrine, I pray for the intercession of Arc Angel Michael to help me to accomplish this few lines.

Holiness of any place is not quantifiable but perceivable. But the holiness and sanctity of Most Blessed Sacrament shrine is palpable and tangible in every means; there is Serene peace experience which encircles every pilgrim’s heart at this shrine, there is a heavenly silence present in this place, there is an environment conducive for contemplation in this shrine; nature in deep meditation around this shrine. I walked from the cabin we stayed in to the Shrine which is about two miles in distance. Early morning walk, which was so freshening to the body and soul exposed totally to the natural morning bounties and blessings, it was around 5. 45 to 6am.  The sun light light had not appeared yet, the eastern sky showed the Golden red streaks of sun light rising between the far hills. Threatening storm Issac was on the way by broad cast, which moved clouds running and thicker. Cool breeze the blessing of the dawn was on daily petrol, which caressed the spirit and body. I heard the church bell ringing sound traveled rippling along the clouds echoed by the hills, which invited the soul and the feet responded quickly in augmenting the steps. Uneven landscapes, neatly groomed vast lands embrace the hills and valleys, and creek around the shrine, a natural feast to the eyes, ears and all the senses of human. Migrating birds, flying eagles, singing sparrows, and swimmingducks, neighboring lake, all I crossed along the road. Details of the sky, celestial sun rise, details of the hills, glorious revelations, green carpeted lands and valleys, dense Forest housing tall and mighty trees, running creek, quiet lake, birds song, and gentle breeze, all at once bombarded my senses and demanded my attention. While my heart and soul rested in reciting divine mercy, fingers were busy in rotating the rosary beads, my body and senses joined the nature to thank the Lord for His creation and beauty. At that time, It appeared to me even  trees, birds, clouds, and breeze meditate in adoration of the blessed sacrament. Animals such as horses, cows, and donkeys gracefully pay respect to the shrine by their peaceful presence.

During this visit, I planned to attend the shrine's activity on a Friday, which I considered as a gift and blessing. The experience of this participation could be written as a separate book, such an overwhelming spiritual experience I have had in this shrine. However, I would like to focus on few points. If you plan to visit Most Blessed sacrament Shrine plan to stay there one or two days, it will be a worthwhile trip. The trip will be a blessing filled trip. If you visit this shrine plan to attend at least one first Holy Mass in the morning with brothers and nuns. I do not know how to describe all the events and details of this Mass, one thing I will certainly say, it is conducted with utmost reverence and it reminds vividly the heavenly lambs wedding feast. Golden altar, pious altar severs, sacred vestments, vessels, and tradition, and the manner in which the Holy mass is celebrated tend our heart and knees into  adoration. I was fascinated by the details of the altar and all the articles near and associated with altar, everything resemble holiness which is breath taking and really elevate the soul in prayers, that which is spontaneous and effortless. I was very much moved by the activities of the altar servers and they literally reminded me of Angels in human form, such a piety they carried in their actions and charisma.


Shrines are places of prayers which are  some of the physcial gifts of Holy catholic Church, where seeking souls find the intimate presence of God on Earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3