Come and See: Family is a disciple of Jesus: Luminous mystery : The first Luminous Mystery Baptism of Jesus

I begin to reflect luminous mystery in the context of family, as a disciple of Jesus. While I begin this reflection, humanly speaking, the world situations , including situations among the believers are not very encouraging or supportive or guiding for the future of the divine merits of the family. However, God is in control always. God is good all the time: All the time God is Good.  I pen my reflective thoughts with a heavy heart but also with a zealous spirit.  I trust in God and in mother Church, as I begin this reflection. As always, I may stumble upon many joyful and glorious uplifting sweet surprises about divine merits of family, which may help to console me, delight my soul, and those who read it. Luminous mystery is mystery of light. I pray for divine light to the reflections, while I subject myself and travel on this reflection.

As a faith context, I believe in the following characteristics and qualities of human family:
  • Family was created and blessed by God 
  • The structure of the family include man, woman, God and children
  • Holy matrimony is a sacrament
  • In Holy Matrimony, man and women are united in the presence of God( Holy Spirit)
  • In family union, the life involves three people ( Man, woman, and God)
  • Family which was united by God shall not be divided by human
  • Holy Matrimony bond has equal value and significance in happiness and sorrows until death
  • Son of God came to redeem the world, redeem the original sin of the family
  • The presence of Church in the world is the saving presence of Jesus Christ for the family and all creations
Having explained my status above, I do not categorize myself into one of the the classifications of world view on Catholics ( neither a traditionalist, nor a modernist, or a progressive...), as Holy Spirit has no limit or category. I believe God is control of all situations and He can use anything or any ideology or any interventions or any person or any situation to lead, chastise, and guide His people.I am a catholic, who believe in the catholic Church dearly and devotedly, which is based upon Holy Scripture, Sacraments, Apostolic tradition, Apostolic succession, majesterium, doctrines, theology,wisdom, and communion of saints. I believe in Apostle Creed as it is written and practiced by the Catholic Church. I would defend with my life my mother Church and Her Holy Priesthood ( Holy orders & Holy Family).

As far as the current happenings in the Church, I pray for the Church leaders( Pope, Cardinals, Bishops, priest, and Deacons), who are chosen by God and they have laid their entire life to teach, guide, and minister to us and to the world. I will dedicate daily rosary to the Church,

As far as the current reflections in my blog, I did not plan this topic of writing suddenly now, the topic of this reflection emerged from the fruits of my understanding and learning, I had  during the writing experiences of Books on Holy Priesthood in Tamil, which was a trilogy. The trilogy was completed in 2010 and in that trilogy the third book portrays Family as priesthood. At the completion of that work, I had an urge to write about the Church as family, but I began that journey writing about holy Family and family as a disciple. From 2010 on my reflection is centered on Holy Family and Christian family.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in JesusChrist, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and lifeeverlasting. Amen.

St. Pope John Paul II places Jesus's Baptism, as the first mystery among the luminous mystery.The first theme captures my attention in this mystery is repentance. I reflect upon the environment of river Jordan, where John the Baptist called the people for repentance. I think repentance is the first step for salvation. If we ask any successful married people, they may say that they forgave each other frequently and repented frequently for their weakness and shortcomings. A repentant heart  may be a requirement for family life. Repentant heart is a virtuous heart, which is humble yet powerful and fruitful, even one of the couple has this serene humble attitude, the family may flourish. Repentance has saving grace and value. Repentance is a virtue, which comes from the conviction of heart, which is rooted on faith and humanity.


 When I reflect upon Jesus Baptism, I think of Jesus submission to the call of John the Baptist  on repentance and baptism, although He is the lamb of God, who came to take away the sin, who knew no sin, who needed no repentance, but He subjected Himself as a role model for Baptism. I witness humility in Jesus baptism. I witness Jesus standing for Baptism, as a high priest would stand in front of God for His people. From this I understand that Jesus( the Son of God) underwent Baptism in our place to bring salvation to us through His humility. Reflecting the context of family, humility is a great virtue ,which may create a loving environment within the family effortlessly.

A family, which is endowed by faith and the gifts of repentance and humility, may serve as a disciple of Jesus in this world.

Further themes of my reflections on Baptism of Jesus to emerge on the following:
Acknowledgement of Holy Trinity
Holy Matrimony and mark of the Baptism
Marriage and Holy Trinity
Baptism and marriage union
Family prayer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3