Stories from my father Mr. Maria Packiam: A oral tradition

Parents are same and they never stop being the parents through out their life. My parents are one example for that statement. Weekly conversation with my father reveals lots of oral traditions, which I enjoy hearing during our conversations. He just waits for me to ask questions, when I do he teaches me like a learned theologian, although his exposure, opportunities, and environments are limited. His favorite reading interests include Holy Bible, and saints bibliographies. He loves reading bible and he used to narrate stories for us when we were growing up. Particularly, he paid much attention to me in teaching the church stories in my tender age and that continues through out my journey.The fascinating thing about our conversations is that he enriches me with deeper understandings of the Bible, church, and Church traditions.One such conversations happened yesterday in which he laid out precious explanations for my questions, which blew my mind. Then I thought I will interview my father to learn and tap his understandings of his faith.
He amazes me in his clarity of articulations of his faith.He is a healthy 77 year old daily communicant.He is a contemplative and great logical thinker. I share his stories in my blog as the stories are being narrated by him to me in our natural conversations.

This week our conversation began from the Holy Trinity in creation and then moved to Apostle Thomas in India. Fascinating stories................ I will pen them later.

This is the Day that Lord has made. let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena: Day 1