From the pulpit of Rev. Msgr. Creary OLPH Church, German Town: All saints day vigil 10/31/13

All saints Day Vigil Mass: 10/31/13
"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more. Amen." Prayer of St. Ignatius of Loyola

Rev. Msgr. highlighted two important aspects of saints' life. The saints were ordinary men and women, who realized these two concepts in their life, which include total surrender to God's will ( in understanding ones human weaknesses and inadequacies and in trusting God's will and mercy))  and the constant help of God and His mercy. The following points are my understanding from his homily.

*All of us are called to the life of sainthood, which takes the whole life journey with the help of God.
*Although we are called to live a holy life, no one is holy except Jesus Christ. 
*Only with total surrender of oneself and with God's help we human can attain a holy life.
*Great saints like St. Francis of Assisi, St. Teresa, St. Augustine, St. Monica, and many more saints  were ordinary men and women like us. But they lived their life of surrender with God's help and now they stand in God's glory.
*Leading holy life is a learning process throughout the life. It took many years for St. Ignatius to arrive to the understanding of total surrender to God, which is reflected in the above prayer.
*Leading a holy life is not possible without constant prayer and surrender and God's mercy and help. It is a status of life, which is a work in progress in everyone's life. Let us lead our life in constant prayer and surrender so that in God's mercy and help one day our life also will be rewarded by God with eternal life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena: Day 1