Saints and Christmas: St Therese of Lisieux (1873-1897)


St Therese of Lisieux (1873-1897) -known in religion as St Therese of the Child Jesus, once had a special grace (perhaps a vision?) from the Child Jesus on Christmas Eve, 1886, just a few days before her 14th birthday. It was an experience which she ever after referred to as "my conversion" and it left a profound influence on her life. Here are her own words which she wrote in her autobiography"A Story of a Soul" which describe the very special event:

"On that blessed night the sweet infant Jesus, scarcely an hour old, filled the darkness of my soul with floods of light. By becoming weak and little for love of me, He made me strong and brave: He put His own weapons into my hands so that I went on from strength to strength, beginning, if I may say so, 'to run as a giant."  - See more at: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2013/12/visions-of-child-jesus-in-lives-of.html#sthash.47dyJPNH.dpuf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3