Family a sanctuary of God: Nurturing presence of God in Parents

Last blog, I pondered on an idea that parents are gift from God and they have a call to fulfill towards their children. In this blog, I am going to develop on that idea, in relation to parenthood responsibility. Parenthood is a responsibility, which takes man and woman decisions and God's blessings to accomplish.Parenthood consists of a human father and mother and the Holy spirit. Their triune union brings the child to the world. If we reflect upon creation account in Genesis 2, " Then the Lord God took soil from the ground and formed a man out of it; He breathed the life giving breath in to his nostrils and the man began to live." Accordingly, a child's flesh is a combination of man and woman being the soil and flesh which belongs to the soil in nature and the life comes from God. Many verses from Isaiah supports this concept such as,
" The Lord says, " Listen now, Israel my servant, my chosen people, the descendants of Jacob. I am the Lord who created you; from the time you were born, I have helped you." Isaiah 44: 1&2
" Israel, the Lord who created you says, " do not be afraid - I will save you. I have called you by name - you are mine."Isaiah 43: 1 This verse elevates the importance of the child and the parents, that the child belongs to God and the parents are honored and privileged to participate in the holy act of creation with God.
Another verse in Isaiah explains how God cares for a child from the womb (I am unable to locate it today I will get back to this later). There are multitudes of biblical verse which explains the responsibility of a parents. Parenthood is a call and it is sacred irrespective if religion, beliefs, faith and behaviors. Child is a gift from God and created in an image of God. The life of the child is given by God no man has the right to the life of a child including parents. In this modern world we tend to think that man and a woman has a choice to decide about the child' existent in the womb. Which is a sin and it is a mortal sin. Any act committed against a born or unborn child will be dealt by God very seriously.
There fore no man or woman has the right to consider the child's life born or unborn as their own decision or disposition, because it belongs to God.

While given the responsibility to care for their child, parents are called to nurture their children to the best they can. Nurturing includes providing tender love, safe environment, loving guidance, timely admonishments,some times it even include tough love. Nurturing environment includes parents being the first model of morals and goodness.The sacred reverence filled responsibilities of the parents are explained in many verses in bible.

He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you (Isaiah 30:19).

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear (Isaiah 65:24).

Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation (Psalm 91:14-16).

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1).

Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you (1 Peter 5:7).

Will continue in the next blog.................. Have a very good Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena: Day 1