Sacred Hill : Living in God's presence

"As a deer longs for a stream of cool water so I long for you. o God. I thirst for you, the living God; When can I go and worship in your presence?"

Psalm: 42

Saints have shown the model of life which has been illuminated with God's presence. Living in God's presence means that a human subjects himself voluntarily to the will of God, while he lives in this earth. One who lives with the strength derived from the presence of the Lord gives glory to God in all his achievements, and consider, acknowledge, pray, and surrender his own weaknesses to God as an opportunity for demonstration of God's mercy and strength in his life. In this state of mind or attitude, glory and defeat in the life have the same value for the saints because both brings forth God's glory.

Living in God's presence is an extension of church experience in to the day today life situations. This is a deliberate action where the man invites heavenly Father's presence in his day to activities. This is an extension of heavenly experience on earth. Many of us have our family photos in our office, which provides an extended family presence from home to office. In the same way, a man who lives in the presence of the God tries to depict heavenly father's presence in his decisions and activities. During conversations, Consciously or unconsciously, we tend to talk about the people we love and care. In the same way, a man who lives in the presence God will reflects god's mercy and grace in his conversations.

Having said the above sacred reflection, I would like to share my struggle on this aspect.Many years before, when I was in graduate college in India, I used to take two buses and walk for at least 10 minutes to reach to those bus stations to go to the college. The travel and the time utilized for the travel ranged about 2 to three hours of a day.It is a common ordeal for common people in India. It has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Advantage is the experience of socialization and in touch with people,nature, and morning breeze. I read well on early morning times, so I prefer a quiet morning times, when I am in educational program. It was my habit to read bible before I study, and it is now as well. I got seated in the second bus which had about 45 minutes drive time. I struggled to find a seat and I found one which is a fortunate of the moment, it does not happen very often, those who traveled in city buses in India will agree with me. It is a precious experience which I will not exchange for anything as it has it's own merit. Once I got the seat, I prepared to use my time usefully by reading for that day seminar, so as usual I reach my pocket bible and started reading a psalm as a ritual. Then came a crowd pushing people towards the seat, with a anger I joined with the people who criticized the people who lost the balance, and leaned over the people on the seat.
There was a lady in the standing crowd looked at me angrily and said, " people read bible and don't have patience?" At that moment she was a prophet for me to realize what I was holding in my hand which is sacred, but my behavior was not reflecting God's presence. I was speechless to the shame. In contrary, the people who reflects God's presence reflects mercy and grace. Their presence bring forth love, joy and peace to others.

Note:
I could not post blog for last one week, because of busy schedule, and I will get better in finding a regular time for blog post. This blog is one of my faith exercises reflecting some of my own faith walk and faith learnings. When you find me struggle, please know that I am a sinner, and I depend upon God's strength and mercy in my weaknesses. when you find me bold and speaking on behalf of faith, it comes from the trust in God, church teachings, and reading saints biographies, and know that no one has achieved complete faith until their journey to the next world. Another important note is that this blog is not currently edited for English and format as it is an informal media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena: Day 1