Divine Mercy Novena : Second Day: "Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who ga

Second Day
"Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave Me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Most Merciful Jesus, from whom comes all that is good, increase Your grace in men and women consecrated to Your service, that they may perform worthy works of mercy, and that all who see them may glorify the Father of Mercy who is in heaven.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the company of chosen ones in Your vineyard - upon the souls of priests and religious; and endow them with the strength of Your blessing. For the love of the Heart of Your Son in which they are enfolded, impart to them Your power and light, that they may be able to guide others in the way of salvation, and with one voice sing praise to Your boundless mercy for ages without end. Amen.


The gospel passage attached in this article is from St. John gospel chapter 17, which gives the details of Jesus prayer for the Pope,Bishops, priests, nuns, religious, and for those who follow Jesus leaving world behind. Jesus role modeled how to pray for the called ones, so let us follow his prayer and pray for the called men and women. They are called souls to teach, serve, direct, admonish, advice, pray, and heal the world. They partake in Jesus Christ's passion through their call and life, so I call them as suffering Christs. I also call their life as redemptive priesthood life. They need our prayers because they are the target for the devil, who try his level best to derail their purpose of call. It is so sad to observe that in this post modern generation the devil has tilted people mind so weird that is raising a barrier between families and the priesthood. The enemy in his tactics he tries all the tricks to pave a barrier between youth and the priesthood. However he tries, he is not going to win, because Jesus said that the gates of devil will not prevail. Can a mother forget her child? In the same way, the priests, religious, and nuns, who share the call with Immaculate Heart of Mary as ark of covenant, who has the passion and compassion to save souls in union with Holy Spirit, as mother Mary carried the word of God in womb and in her life, they also carry word of God in their life. They not only share Mother Mary call but also part take in her sorrows in seeing her son crucified all through her life, as they face and endure the strives and crucifix of the call throughout their life. This is a mystery and the majesty of catholic priesthood.

Our prayers are not just a necessity but also urgent in this times we live. we have to intercede for the priests and religious for protection, because they carry the good news as precious salvation seed, which is to germinate in their pastoral care, which in return to save souls. We as the secular people do not realize their purpose of call , when we have reduced their purpose of call to mere professionalism, (sacrament administrators), and we have limited their access, and defined their limits. These men and women have laid down their entire life and all that can hold for them in the world and decided to follow Jesus, just for us. For our sacraments, for our teachings, and for to forgive our sins. But the enemy is aware of their power and their potentials of their call. So he fabricates lies against them everyday and accuse them all the time as he is the father of lies, accuser, and destruction. We as Catholics have to spend times on our knees in defending our priests and nuns.

The priests, religious, and nuns are the channels of blessing to the world, and the fence of protection against the enemy's testing trials against the families. How many times we became the accusers of the called ones? How many times we became the bystanders of the fabricated slanders against these holy men and women? Imagine the times we have become the testing stumbling blocks for these noble men and women, which is equal to become scandals for the called ones. These activities may be considered as the sin against Holy Spirit, as they are united with Holy Spirit by their call. Let us ask forgiveness for all those activities during this divine mercy season. Let us strengthen our protective fences of our church who are the called men and women. I do believe catholic priests and nuns are not just limmited to the salvation of the catholics souls alone, their mere presence in the world, their very call, and the acceptance of call, and living the call have the power to bringforth channel of blessings and salvation to their times to all the people in the world. Their sacrificial life is worth more than just administration of sacraments, their very sacrifice life is set at the altar of the Lord for the forgiveness of sin in this world. If you reflect upon the conversation between God and Abraham, when God was heading to destroy sodom comerah city, Abraham pleaded to change God's decision by bargaining. At the end God promised Him if He finds even 5 just men He will not destroy the city. In the same way, multitudes of priests, nuns, and religious are at this bargaining altar to keep the world from God's anger. So Catholic and non catholic world need to start looking at their call as it entails, emerges, and transforms, stop looking at them through your narrow binoculars of skeptical eyes, you will be accountable for their falls and sorrows. The worst sin one could commit is to hurt one of these innocent called ones, while being judgmental on those who are struggling. Their call is more than our understanding or more than what we see in them, they are precious gift for the entire world not just for us. So let us pray, promote, foster, and protect priesthood.

The priests , religious, and Nuns, live their call in this world by over coming the flesh every day, renewing their faithfulness to Holy Spirit every day, while they have all the human dimension and weaknesses within them. Their life is like wading against the roaring sea, or climbing the steep against the gravity. By their call they made a deliberate choice to follow Jesus, but they are not immune to human weaknesses.This paradox is the mystical dimension of their life, where they transform following their call, day by day the flesh diminishes and Jesus grow in them. Just like the water is transformed in to wine in cannan wedding, the human dimension of the called ones transformed in to the mystical being with mystical purpose on the earth. Just like the wine and water is mixed in the altar at mass, the called ones offer their physical life to the Lord in union with Jesus Christ as wine at the altar to the Father, where they partake in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, when wine and water transform in to Jesus Christ's saving blood. This is their call, with which they have to live in this world, where all sorts of distractions, deviations, testings, and trials,are present. This is not a one day process it takes their whole life to accomplish their call as any one of us in our call. So let us pray to Holy Spirit that our priests, religious are protected in times of tests and trials that they will be able to cling on to Holy Spirit and reject the temptations saying the man does not live by bread alone but by every word comes from God.

In this special moment of prayers for priests during divine mercy week, I would like to offer my prayers for all the priests, religious, and nuns of the whole world, and in particularly for the priests and nuns from our family. I pray for my brother, Rev. Fr. Barnabas, a diocesan priest, who is now parish priest of St. Antony's church, Uvari.
I also remember my god son and my sister's son Selvarasan in my prayer, a seminarian in Salascian order.



Let us pray with Jesus:
"When Jesus had said this, he raised his eyes to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come. Give glory to your son, so that your son may glorify you,
2
3 just as you gave him authority over all people, so that he may give eternal life to all you gave him.
3
4 Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
4
I glorified you on earth by accomplishing the work that you gave me to do.
5
Now glorify me, Father, with you, with the glory that I had with you before the world began.
6
"I revealed your name 5 to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.
7
Now they know that everything you gave me is from you,
8
because the words you gave to me I have given to them, and they accepted them and truly understood that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me.
9
I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me, because they are yours,
10
and everything of mine is yours and everything of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them.
11
And now I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are.
12
When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me, and I guarded them, and none of them was lost except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13
But now I am coming to you. I speak this in the world so that they may share my joy completely.
14
I gave them your word, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
15
6 I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that you keep them from the evil one.
16
They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
17
Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.
18
As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world.
19
And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth.
20
"I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
21
so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.
22
And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one,
23
I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.
24
Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am 7 they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
25
Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me.
26
I made known to them your name and I will make it known, 8 that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them"




Soul of Christ Sanctify me,
Body of Christ Save me,
Blood of Christ Inebriate me,
water from the side of Christ, Wash me,
passion of Christ, strengthen me,
O good Jesus, Hear me,
within your wounds, hide me,
never let me be, separated from you,
from the wicked enemy, defend me,
in hour of my death, call me,
and bid me, come to you,
so that with your saints,
I may praise you ever and ever,
Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3