Secular Franciscan Journey: Reflections of Mr. Arumugam ( My Husband) Study of Catch me the Rainbow chapter 2




Francis expected Jesus to keep His promises as he did for sparrows and lilies. He believed that the name of Jesus in his prayer would always be heard and answered. Francis realized the uselessness of worry when only one thing was necessary - to know Jesus and trust Him. When he was brought before the Bishop by his father, he stripped off his clothes and returned them to his father, trusting the promise of God to clothe him. It was sign of Francis' acceptance of Gospel.


First we, ourselves, have to be psychologically put our complete faith in God. Then we should understand other people's feelings and need and try to help them. We should not stray into other psychological ideas and practices but put our complete faith in God.

Faith - As I get up I thank God for extending one more day in my life. I try and get daily Communion.
Charity - I try and help people whenever possible.
Counselling others - I try to counsel people when they are in trouble or sad.

I would like acquire new values but not drastically change any.

" Men ask God for a gift that has no measure and no limit , yet they want to serve Him within a measure and limit. So he who wants to beloved and rewarded without limit should love and serve without limit" Brother Giles.
Society thinks of attending Sunday mass as a routine not as a way to communicate with God. Then, whatever people hear in the mass they forget the moment they step out. Certain views of society about abortion, gay marriages, capital punishment differ very much from the Gospel.

Matthew chapter 13:
1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9He who has ears, let him hear.”

So, the views of the society act as thorns choking up people's faith and beliefs.


5. Believe in God, trying to better life by learning from Franciscan life. The negative criteria did not affect my decision.

Brother Leo was a special friend to Francis. Francis spoke about perfect joy to him. Leo had put great confidence in the guidance of Francis. Francis and Leo had a mother-son relationship.Brother Juniper was a character that Francis loved. He was simple and honest. Juniper gave away his robe to help another man. This shows his helping tendency. Brother Giles had many sayings and had a deep understanding of God. This shows Franciscanism is a way of simplicity and faith.

SCRIPTURE READING - REFLECTION:

Jeremiah 29:11-13
New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

The qualities demanded by these words is complete understanding God has plans for our future and seeking Him with our full heart.
This calls for complete faith in God and praying with full heart at all times because God listens to us.

Matthew chapter 7:

Ask, Seek, Knock
7“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9“Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Yours sincerely,
Gurusamy,Arumugam.

Note: Little introduction about my beloved husband, who is my heart love everything.
Baptism name: Gurusamy, Anton Dominic Selvam Arumugam
He received his Baptism, Holy Communion, Confirmation, in 1987 on our wedding. He is my husband, friend, and counselor. He has a gentle spirit, determinant love, and monumental sacrifices.He is a faith filled practicing Catholic. Now he has undertaken another spiritual journey of becoming Secular Franciscan and he is studying catch me the rainbow as the enquirer of Joan of Arc Fraternity in Memphis.
Joan of Arc Fraternity has a century old tradition of walking with faithful people in their faith journey. I professed into the fraternity in August 2006 in a ceremony conducted in a Sunday 12.30 mass by then Rev. Fr., now, Monsignor Edwin Creary.It is so special that my husband has decided to follow Franciscan way of life in the year of which we enter into 25 years of married life. Indeed it is a wonderful spiritual journey, where we share the love in the presence of the Holy Trinity in our humble family. Me and my children Dr. Noel, and Joel cheer my husband in this special spiritual quest. This blog recognizes and salutes his catholic walk in leading our family. Hereby, we request the prayers of my blog friends for our family.
As a family, We join with the biblical hero Joshua and proclaim, “As for my family and me, we will serve the Lord.” We pray for the heavenly blessings and protections during this journey together. We receive the blessings filled plans from the divine wisdom and trust in the Holy Trinity to guide us, as it is stated in Jeremiah chapter 29/11-13, “I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me and I will answer you. You will seek me with all your heart.” We pray for the intercessory prayers of the Holy family, Arc Angel Michael, Gabrielle, and Raphael for our family. All glory and honor to the most Holy Trinity. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit
Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3