"Come after me" Foot steps of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Universal catholic Church celebrated the solemnity of Sacred Heart of Jesus yesterday. My husband told me that Pope Francis has asked the Christians to spend an hour in front of Blessed Sacrament. My husband is a daily communicant from 1994. I count on his prayers for our family, which is the best treasure and blessing of our family. He is a prayer warrior. He is my support and best counselor for me as well. My friends call him as my cheer leader.  He always reminds me on prayers and gives me the summary of priest's daily homily from daily mass. He keeps me on track on Church festivals and days of obligations. However, he rarely instructs me on spiritual observations. Yesterday, he gave me an instruction on daily mass with  great love and care. He asked me to attend daily mass and to receive communion, before my first coffee. I typically follow my husband's instructions and I take anything he asks or suggest very seriously to my heart right away. I should try to attend daily mass at least, which is possible with all different churches around me with different mass timings. It is my laziness which prevents me from attending daily mass. My husband is also a fervent follower of First Friday and First Saturday observations, which are the days dedicated for Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary. Further, on Fridays he observes vegetarian, fasting, and visit Sacred Heart Church.

It was a beautiful summer day at Memphis. My day schedule also was very productive and blessing filled one. It was evening 5.30 pm, I went to attend Holy Mass at Arc Angel St. Micheal Church. Tall, beautiful, and  majestic St. Micheal's statue at the front entrance welcomes and greets people enters through Summer avenue. Tall trees sway their branches in the hands of gentle smooth flowing summer breeze. Chatters of birds were every where in the branches of trees. Sparrows  were singing in their sweet melodies. Fr. Charles was the celebrant. I wanted to write about Fr. Charles many times, but I find it very apt to include his usual extraordinary homily  today in this writing. I call him as priest historian. One should hear Church history from this Holy Priest. He is a teacher and preacher, who has a shepherd heart. He is caring in feeding his people when they come for mass. I have attended many masses he says in St. Louis Catholic Church and here at St. Micheal. I admire and listen with great thirst to his teachings.

You can see me highlighting priests in my writings, which I consider as my life time work. Catholic Priesthood finds its direct lineage from Jesus Christ Himself. They are the living Apostles of our days. The call of their life is not different in any way from the first Apostles. Their life is sacred and their call is holy priesthood. They are called by the Same Jesus Christ who called His Apostles two thousand years before. The holy men who have embraced Priesthood have left everything behind and followed the master, as the first Apostles did. I believe that promoting the priesthood is a prayerful service to the church and responsibility of every Catholic family.

  Let me come back to Fr. Charles, the historian priest's homily. He explained the role of shepherd in tending the flock. He said that the tool shepherds  used was their voice.  The sheep heard his voice and they obeyed his voice. He then explained how we as Christians can hear Jesus voice in our daily life. He also explained about the roles of Christian families in bringing up children training them in obedience of God's love. He concluded the sermon stating that Church is Jesus voice and he requested to develop a listening attitude to the voice of God through Church's voice. It was a great concept explained with lots of history, which I am unable to recall and write them. Beautiful homily which brought so much comfort and understanding. Fr. Charles is an effective teacher and preacher with historical perspectives of the Church and saints. Fr. Charles has shepherd's heart and voice. He is a voice of Mother Church. I thank God for the gift of Fr. Charles.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Snow: Tuticorin: Golden Car Festival August 5th, 2013

Velankanni Matha Novena for nine days: Day 2

Our Lady of Velankanni Novena : Day 3